Your Invisalign Provider in Columbus, Ohio
Everyone wants the best smile possible. For some, this means getting braces to correct the alignment of our teeth. While braces are the most commonly known device to correct crooked teeth, a newer method is quickly rising in popularity. Invisalign provides a new option when it comes to orthodontic services. To determine which option is best for you, it’s important to learn everything there is to know about Invisalign.
All About Invisalign
Invisalign uses clear, plastic trays as aligners to help straighten teeth over a period of time. Different trays help to slowly shift teeth into the desired spot, creating a straight smile. The trays are durable plastic pieces that are clear and smooth, making the wear almost unnoticeable. The patient will snap the tray onto the teeth to help the teeth move properly. Every two weeks, the patient will return to the dentist to swap out their tray for the next set.
Invisalign in Columbus Ohio can help fix a multitude of issues, including:
- * Open bite- This problem is when the lower and upper teeth fail to touch when you close your mouth. An open bite can cause issues with chewing or biting down on certain types of food.
- * Underbite- When you bite down and your lower front teeth sit in front of your upper teeth, you have an underbite. This can make speaking and chewing difficult.
- * Overbite- This problem occurs when the front upper teeth overlap with lower front teeth. While most individuals have a slight overbite, a significant overbite can create jaw pain.
- * Crowding- Teeth crowding occurs when the jaw doesn’t have enough room for all of your teeth to fit. When this takes place, your teeth may bunch, twist, or overlap. Crowding can make it difficult to properly clean your teeth, putting you at risk for plaque buildup and tooth decay.
- * Crossbite- A crossbite is when some upper teeth sit behind your lower teeth, rather than sitting outside. Crossbites can cause teeth to chip and gums to recede.
- * Gap teeth- Gap teeth is when there’s extra space between at least two or more of your teeth. This can make pockets where food particles can become stuck. Over time, your gums can become sore and even suffer from gum disease.
Numerous parts work together to create the straightest smile possible. The parts are as follows:
- * Aligners- These are the sets of clear trays that they make specifically for each and every patient. The patient wears each set of aligners for up to two weeks before they swap the sets with their dentist.
- * Attachments- Attachments are glued to the surface of certain teeth to ensure trays can grip the teeth. This grip is essential to moving the teeth properly. The attachments are the same color as the teeth to look as natural as possible.
- * Elastics- In order to ensure the teeth align correctly, rubber bands help connect the bottom teeth to the top. These bands aren’t necessary for every patient.
- * Chewies- While looking like a cotton roll, chewies are rubber pieces that help set the trays. A patient will chew on the piece to help place the tray and encourage the proper movement of the teeth as they shift.
A Little More About Us At South High Dental
The dental office you need in Columbus Ohio is South High Dental. Our team is passionate about caring for our patients while also getting them out the door quickly. With low wait times, same day dentistry, and a variety of dental services, we’re what you need in a dental office. Our options for dental care include the following:
- * Orthodontics
- * Cleanings
- * X-rays
- * Crowns
- * Fillings
- * Veneers
To schedule your dental appointment at South High Dental, call 614-922-8952 today. Our team is also ready to answer any questions you may have regarding Invisalign and the process for getting straighter teeth. We look forward to seeing your smile!